Case Studies & References
Turbo Tax approached our media buyers seeking to complement their Brand campaign, which was successful airing 30’s and 15’s, with additional cost- effective media to drive growth. Research indicated that more could be done to show “how TurboTax works.”
Why DRTV ?
Turbo Tax had a strong belief that DRTV could generate incremental sales with low media costs. Deeper messaging through 120s and 60s can be leveraged to further educate the consumer. A strong call-to-action to the website drives home the message.
- Deemed a hybrid “Brand Response” campaign, brand guidelines were referenced in production of the creative. Three concepts were tested online before launching the winner for the short seasonal window.
- By testing in local markets and comparing TV markets to control markets, measurement was visible at the marketing channel level.
- Match Market test was conducted across 7 DMAs for a 9-wk flight. Airtime was purchased across all dayparts with show specific programming in Good Morning America, Today Show, and Noon News.
- Retail sales increased by 7% vs. the control markets and the campaign delivered a 1.9 MER. As a result, the campaign was extended through April 15th, the end of tax season. The DRTV campaign was rolled out nationally.
- DRTV was proven to be an effective lever in driving cost effective online sales and a powerful tool for “deeper messaging”.
DRTV TRP efficiencies of the test The 7 markets that showed presence utilizing DRTV showed a vs a traditional“Brand” buy. significant lift in online sales, vs. the 7 markets that did not.