Elective Medical Lead Generation
- Zeltiq approached TVA’s media buyers to assist them in developing a direct to consumer campaign for their CoolSculpting brand by driving interest to their branded URL and having the visitor find a local treatment provider.
- Prior to this effort, Zeltiq only marketed to medical practices.
- In 2015, our buyers began Phase 1 with a TV match market test in 4 markets to ensure responsiveness and then expanded the test into 8 other markets during Phase 2.
- With proven success, the campaign launched nationally during the first quarter of 2016. The following year, the session volume increased by 446% year over year.
Rolled out Nationally in 2016 to Expand Reach and Build Awareness
- Networks with specific genres represented the core cable media of the campaign.
- Syndication became the powerhouse due to its efficiency.
- This medium drove 15x more volume to the site when compared to cable alone.
- Celebrity Endorsements aligned with the media buy increased response, while the web sessions increased from 2x to over 7x.
- The success of the US campaign resulted in international expansion into Canada, United Kingdom and the France.
Utilizing the same budget in 2017, CoolSculpting’s goal shifted to Build Awareness.
- GRP levels increased by 34% year over year.
- Increased local market response rate through multiple media buying platforms such as TV, Radio and OOH.
- Secured a presence in high profile programming (Oscar Pre/Post Award Show).
- Posted Billboards in Times Square & Port Authority.
- Expanded to the male demographic by introducing radio as a new marketing channel. The radio campaign drove listeners to a local Bosley center.
- Key programs along with dayparts were identified. These core properties improved response which allowed for medium expansion, international expansion and introduction of a new service: CoolMini.
- Additional budgets were allocated to highly penetrated markets to increase procedures/utilizations.
- Expansion into Canada, United Kingdom and France resulted in an increased traffic and brand awareness.
- CoolSculpting is now the world’s #1 Non-Invasive Fat Reduction Procedure and the only FDA-Cleared Non-Surgical Procedure.
- Due to the success of this campaign over the course of 2 ½ years, in Apr ‘17 Allergan acquired ZELTIQ® Aesthetics, Inc. CoolSculpting® for $2.4 billion.