Case Studies & References
MTailor approached our media buyers, looking to test TV to understand if the channel could provide volume
at an efficient level.
Test-and-learn approach involved a single creative for TV, with a modest test budget.
- Identify the most optimal Station and Daypart mix within a relatively short amount of time.
- Understand how the creative was impacting the potential of the campaign, given the lack of marketing research that went into the production of the TV spot.
- Develop an acquisition model to ensure product goals are within an acceptable range for production planning.
- Results were less than expected, however there were some wide gaps in the media mix between the individual successes and failures.
- Initial Media Efficiency Ratio (MER) was just below breakeven for the first 6 weeks of the campaign.
- Making specific adjustments to the hours the media was airing, on a station- by-station basis, helped to rapidly improve performance.
- Developing a more aggressive system of lower bids created a volatile weekly clearance environment, however the bottom-line was improving because of the overall lower CPM’s.
- New creatives were tested that built upon the feedback and learnings the client received during the initial test.
- MER achieved positive return by week 2 of the rollout, with individual successes outnumbering the failures nearly 3:1.
- Budgets were increased rapidly during the next 7 months, with seasonality curves being applied to both the category and the media calendar.
- Mtailor has continued with TV as component of their media mix, almost continuously since the initial rollout.