Category: Kitchen Appliance
- Procter & Gamble created a co-branded venture with Krups with the intention of launching and
promoting their premium Folgers pods. Because the new Krups HomeCafe made both pod based coffee and espresso drinks, P&G funded the creative and production as the launch pad for Folgers pods.
- Develop a DRTV spot designed to introduce the Krups HomeCafe and Folgers Pods and generate measurable interest as well as in-aisle awareness of the Krups HomeCafe.
- 50%/50% Male/Female 35-59
- Create immediate in-aisle awareness on a never before advertised product by both leveraging a Folgers Pods sampling program as well as the Krups brand. Both Folgers and Krups wanted to forecast demand by using this sampling program as an indicator for overseas manufacturing.
Create a fun, informative high-end DRTV spot that leverages the multifunctional capabilities of the Krups HomeCafe that uses the custom sized Folgers Pods. Viewers were directed to www.TryKrups.com
where they were invited to order free Folgers Pods samples.
Drive to TryKrups.com to get free Folgers Pods along with store locators to direct informed consumers to retail for this innovative coffeemaker.
- Launched the Krups HomeCafe in Q1 2012 with an aggressive DRTV remnant media campaign while a) rates were competitive and b) the mornings were still chilly across the US.
- Within 4 weeks of launching the campaign, Folgers ceased the free sampling offer because they went through their sample supplies.
- Campaign is responsible for significant big box orders for HomeCafe as well as on-going Krups orders. Folgers Pods continued until Keurig took market control of pods with their coffeemakers.